UIC/FIATA permanent contact group
The UIC / FIATA (International Freight Forwarders’ Association) permanent contact group enables UIC’s members to exchange best practices and ideas between the railway undertakings and freight forwarders. The group aims to facilitate a platform where members can network and discuss the latest trends within the rail sector.
Discuss market trends:
- exchange main trends and market developments
- learn about the requirements of the market
- facilitate an increase of the modal split (transfer road volumes to rail)
- stimulate joint businesses on the indirect market
- be enabler (no price discussions)
Facilitate networking activities:
- come together
- arrange seminars (e.g. The Market Place Seminar)
- Review legal framework conditions in Europe (supported by CLECAT as well as CER)
The UIC/FIATA permanent contact group has two main activities:
1. Regular meetings of the contact group
The regularly meeting enables UIC’s members to meet FIATA’s members on a regular basis to exchange ideas and trends within the freight railway sector. The meeting takes place once a year.
2. Organization of the Market Place Seminar
Since 2008 UIC and FIATA have jointly organized a market place seminar with the aim to create opportunities for increased cooperation and business development within the rail sector.
Seminars were successfully held in Prague (2008), Istanbul (2009), Barcelona (2010), Hamburg (2011) and Vienna (2013).
The permanent contact group is co-chaired by two chairmen. Each association has one chairman and together they are responsible for the group’s direction and development.
Co-Chairman UIC: Anne-Marie Menguy, SNCF Geodis, International Department
Co-Chairman FIATA: Dr. Ivan Petrov, CEO Transexpress