The RTSA is a joint Technical Society of Engineers Australia and IPENZ New Zealand, formed to further the interests of the railway industry at large and its individual participants.
Through its RTSA activities it provides a platform for professional interaction and developments and also promotes the railway and engineering industry.
During the meeting, attended by around 30 experts, Teodor Gradinariu, UIC Senior Technical Advisor, presented the following items:
- A general description of UIC – domains of interest and why railway companies can benefit from our experience.
- Asset Management at UIC – the role of UIC in the implementation of AM to its members.
- UIC implementation Guideline on ISO 55001 for Railway Infrastructure Organisations
- LICB – Lasting Infrastructure Cost Benchmarking – a long term benchmarking on maintenance and renewal for railways infrastructure – developed in Europe across 15 Infrastructure Managers since 1996.
- UIC Leaflets – as railway sector standards and the ways forward for their conversion into IRSs (International Railway Solution).
- SATLOC – low cost solution for low traffic lines using GNNS (Satellite solutions)
Mr Gradinariu opened the presentation with a short UIC promotional film movie and concluded with the SATLOC film.
UIC would like to thank Qian Zheng, Secretary of RTSA Western Australia Chapter.