After several years flat growth in the transport sector, rail transport companies need to look at ways to revitalise productivity as a way to become more competitive and profitable. And many are looking at advanced IT solutions to be a key component in their revitalisation strategy. In addition to boosting productivity, the application of Information Technology can help companies reduce their costs, enhance reliability and accuracy and provide better customer service to their customers.
This is why the air cargo industry is investing heavily in their e-Freight project, that will cut supply chain costs of up to US$5.9 billion annually, while cutting transit times and adding valued visibility for the customer. The European Union is also looking for big productivity gains through the Telematics Interoperabilty Regulations for Passengers and Cargo. And of course, the Maritime industry is investing in Freight portals that optimise supply chain performance. This years conference will focus on productivity and IT tools that will give the sector access to better, more timely information – allowing for more effective decision-making for our freight and passenger companies.
It is not too late if you are interested in making a presentation on the subject. Please contact:
- e-mail: lutz uic.org
- Tel: (33) 1 44 49 20 27
- Fax: (33) 1 44 49 20 28
October 20 – 21 2011
Again, the conference will take place during two half-day sessions at UIC Headquarters (Paris). The plenary session will take place on Thursday, October 20, 14.00-18.00 followed by a welcome cocktail. It will be of interest to the general audience and focus on technology applications and standards. This will be complimented by a half day of workshops in specialised subject areas on Friday, October 21, 9.00-12.00. Highlights of the 2-day programme include:
- Boosting productivity through IT integration
- Enhancing cash flow through Settements Systems
- Increasing the effectiveness of your website through content aggregation services
- Optimizing your IT workforce – data exchange solutions that can be easily maintained by users
During the two day session, you will have an opportunity to network with other railway IT professionals. Additionally, over the two days there will be:
- An Exhibit Hall to showcase innovative product offerings, solutions and demonstrations of new railway applications.
Benefits of Attending:
- Delegates will
- Understand technology solutions for Railways
- Learn about future solutions for Railway IT development
- Discover New Regulatory Requirements impacting IT System Development
- Benefit from networking opportunities with peers and vendors
Who You Will Meet
The conference will be of interest to all railway Business and IT professionals, RU, IM and Industry Executives whose primary functions involve business development, project management and information technology are expected to attend. There were 66 participants in 2010 equally representing passenger, freight and infrastructure from 48 companies coming from 19 countries, worldwide. Despite low attendance compared to the previous years, the conference has attracted a lot of interest.
- To register for the Conference please fil out the Registration form until September 15
- Please click here to register on-line
For further information about participating as conferee or sponsor please contact :
- e-mail : lafont uic.org
- Tel: (33) 1 44 49 20 24
- Fax: (33) 1 44 49 20 28