The Spanish Railways Foundation is inviting entries for the 29th “Caminos de Hierro” Photo Contest, to encourage creativity in all aspects of the railways.
1. Entrants and number of works. Each entrant may submit a maximum of three photographs or one photographic series. The works shall be related to the world of the railways. The photographs must be unpublished and submitted by the author.
2. Preselection. Entries shall be submitted until 29 May 2018 in digital format on the website: www.caminosdehierro.es (jpg, maximum 1.5 MB). Photographic series shall comprise among three, four or five photographs, and must be included in only one file.
There will be a maximum preselection of 150 photographs (singles and photographic series), that can take part of exhibitions in digital format.
3. Selection. These preselected photos must be submitted in paper form in order to have the option to be selected and awarded. Individual photographs may be printed on paper measuring a minimum size of 24x30 cm and a maximum size of 40x60 cm. For the photographic series the maximum size is 90x45 cm (horizontal or vertical).
The final selection will include 60 photos, to be published in a catalogue and to be exhibited in spaces defined by the Foundation.
The authors of non-selected works may collect them at the Spanish Railways Foundation from 1 September to 30 November 2018. The contestants who do not live in Madrid may request the return in the same period.
4. Prizes. First Prize: 4,000 € · Second Prize: 2,000 € · Young Photographer’s Prize: 1,200 € · Four Accessits: 300 € each.
Contestants aged 25 (in 2018) or younger may compete for the Young Photographer’s Prize. Each author may only receive a single prize, although several of his works may be selected. No prize shall be declared void. All prizes shall be subject to the deductions provided for in the current tax legislation.
The decision prizes awarded in the contest will take place in September 2018.
5. Jury. The Foundation will appoint a Peliminary Committee for preselection and selection of photos and the Jury will be empowered to select the winning photos. The Jury’s decision shall be final.
6. Awarded photographs will become property of the Spanish Railways Foundation to promote exhibitions, editions or dissemination. Authors of awarded and selected photos will transfer copyrights to the Spanish Railways Foundation for printing, exhibition and dissemination, including always the name of the author.
The organisation shall take the greatest care in preserving and returning the photographs, but shall not be liable for any possible loss, theft or damage.
The personal data of the contestants will be included in a database belonging to Spanish Railways Foundation, for dissemination purpose related with this contest. All the participants have the right to access, to correct and to request cancellation of their personal data by contacting: Fundación de los Ferrocarriles Españoles (Santa Isabel 44, E-28012 Madrid, Spain, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The organisation is entitled to resolve any eventuality not envisaged in these rules.
Participation in this competition implies full acceptance of these Rules.