Thursday, 26 November, 2020 10 am – 12:30 am (GMT+1)
The UIC African Region invites you to join the webinar:
Standardisation: What are the technical and financial challenges for African Railway Networks?
The webinar has been organised as part of the new initiative “African Railway Thursdays”, a series of bimonthly webinars devoted to UIC activities and projects which are of significance to the African region and its networks.
It will include the participation of Mr François Davenne (UIC DG), Mr Mohamed Rabie Khlie (President of the UIC African Region) and the African Union Commission.
Presentations will focus on:
- UIC standardisation – its role and benefits
- Rolling stock standards and best practices to develop international activities
- The importance of standardisation in railway operations
- International transportation of dangerous goods
- Key benefits of standardisation for railway operating companies: feedback from SNCF
There will also be presentations by international and regional institutions, OTIF, the African Union and African Railway networks.
For more information about the webinar, to see the programme and to sign up for the event, please go to:
English/French translation will be provided.
To learn more about the first webinar, “The Rise of Digitalisation in Rail Transport: Overview of experiences”, please see the page: