The UIC Finance Platform Moderators meeting was held online on 18 February.
During the meeting, the moderators met the new Chair of the Finance Platform, Stefano Pierini of FS Group, who was appointed by the UIC General Assembly in December 2020. The moderators presented the work of the groups to Mr Pierini.
In his introductory speech, Mr Pierini proposed launching work on:
- sustainable finance,
- financial support in the railway sector for recovery from the Covid-19 crisis,
- PPP initiatives for large transport infrastructure.
Thierry Béra, UIC CFO, announced the publication of the Technical Solutions for the Operational Railway, which contains a reference framework for financial transactions between railways. He noted that the UIC Finance Platform will be presented at the next UIC European Management Committee of Assistants (EMCA).
The UIC Finance Platform consists primarily of active European members. Its vocation is to address cross-sectoral financial matters on their behalf.
The Platform has three sectors:
- Finance and Accounting Sector
- FA1 - the passenger accounting group
- FA2 - freight accounting - rules governing financial relations between companies
- FA3 - rules governing financial relations between companies
- Debts Sector
- Taxation Sector
There are 4 participant groups invited to the annual Finance Platform Plenary Meeting:
- PATRIC (audit body for international passenger traffic accounting)
- Statistics (statistics between the members)
- BCC (Brussels Clearing Centre)
- UIC Legal Group
The annual Finance Platform plenary meeting is scheduled for 10 June 2021.