The third International Standardisation Conference will take place as a video conference from 10.30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on 16 March. The topic of the conference is: “How can standardisation help to evolve a sustainable railway?”. UIC members will exchange their experience and practices around sustainable mobility.
Sustainability has moved from being a “nice-to-have” to a strategic imperative, and companies and authorities have evolved accordingly in their approach.
- How can UIC members address sustainable development challenges?
- How does standardisation help?
- How can railway companies and industries use standards to attain sustainable goals?
- What standards are used?
The topics to be discussed include hydrogen, low-carbon fuels and climate change, amongst others.
- Kenji Murasaki, Deputy Director, JR-East HQ
- Sirous Sayyah Saharkhiz, Iranian Railways
- Name to be confirmed, RZD
- Theresa Romanosky, Assistant General Counsel, Association of American Railroads (AAR)
- Lucie Anderton, Chief Sustainability Officer, UIC
View the full programme at