The “11th UIC Sustainability Conference” - hosted by Renfe Operadora, Spain – will take place in Madrid from 16–18 June 2010 with the motto “Railways: Mobility for a sustainable future”.
During 3 days the conference delegates will be able to understand where the rail sector stands today, share best practices and help influence where rail should go in future sustainable mobility, introducing new and sustainable ways of life and business. This includes showing the progress of rail on energy efficiency and climate change, noise, emissions and polluted soil management. Learn how the rail sector continuously improves its environmental and sustainability performance, and of course, take a look into the future with top global sustainable mobility pioneers.
Conference Days 16-17 June:
• Lessons after Copenhagen COP 15: the rail challenge!
• The Spanish Railway Case
• European Transport Policies
• Sustainability of High Speed Rail
• Sustainability best practice and case studies from all over the world
• Rail Environment & Sustainability Strategy 2030 and beyond
• UIC Sustainability Awards 2010
Technical Visit 18 June (in the morning)
• Train trip on the High Speed section Madrid-Segovia of the Madrid-Valladolid HS line.(30 km. tunnels, record bridges, regional high speed trains…and Segovia!)
and many more topics…
Block your calendar for the 16–18 June 2010 in order not to miss this event. The first invitation with detailed information will follow soon.
Looking forward to meeting you all next June in Madrid!
The UIC and Renfe Operadora organising team