This training session is targeted at managers in decision-making posts in the transport sector overall and more specifically within the railways. It is also targeted at future ERTMS experts in countries planning to implement ERTMS in the near future.
Extra European countries implementing ERTMS components may also be interested in learning more about the latest developments of this technology.
The aim of this training course is to give a complete overview of all the aspects related to ERTMS:
- Background and legal framework and European Railway Agency control process
- How it works and what are its components (ETCS European Train Control System, GSM-R Global System for Mobile Communications-Railways, Interlockings)
- Experience gained by commercial application (ETCS, GSM-R)
- ERTMS system evolution and specific solutions (ERTMS Regional, Limited Supervision, In-fill…)
- New generation of interlockings and methodologies for capturing and simulating their functional requirements
- Added value of ERTMS for a sustainable transport system (capacity, safety, economics…)
It is also an ideal opportunity to form an international network with counterparts.
Managers in decision-making posts in the transport sector overall and more specifically within the railways, staff of ministries and local authorities, academic institutions, consultants and associations or organisations.
All information, practical details and online registration at: