The 1st UIC International Railway Research Information Day (IRRD) will take place on 5 – 6 July 2011 at UIC in Paris. The event will be organised by the International Rail Research Board (IRRB)
The International Railway Research Information Day is intended to become an annual event facilitating the creation of a common railway research community. IRRD is a platform or forum for dialogue between research institutes and the railways concerning demands in research and the main achievements in railway science, which helps to join and concentrate diverse efforts in the development of rail as the most effective type of transport.
The aims of the IRRD 2011 are to:
- Inform UIC and IRRB members about IRRB’s work and tasks
- Inform UIC and IRRB members about the possibilities of participating in railway projects funded by the European Commission (potentially open to members from EU Member States and non EU Member States!) From ideas to projects, proposal preparation, direct participation through UIC, UIC financial and legal support etc.
- Exchange information about members’ research needs and priorities and to make the first steps towards a UIC research strategy
- Exchange information about the main research achievements in the field of railway transport
- Present and officially open the UIC Research Portal
Jean-Pierre Loubinoux (UIC), Boris Lapidus (IRRB&VNIIZT), Michal Klima (EC), David George(IRRB&CRC), Guy Woodroffe (RSSB), Simon Fletcher (UIC) etc. as well as representatives of research institutes from Europe, North America, Korea, Russia and Australia are going to be a speakers during this event.
We look forward to meeting you at our event!
A web conference will be organised during both days of the IRRD event for members who cannot attend Paris to participate in person. Please note that for technical reasons, the number of participants will be restricted to 15. If you are going to join this event via web conference please confirm your participation in the registration form no later than 29 June. Please register for this event via http://www.uic.org/forms/spip.php?article1338