UIC is pleased to announce the agenda for the International Workshop on Vegetation and Trackside Land – Balancing Safety, Sustainability, Performance and Cost Challenges will be kindly hosted by Network Rail, on 1 and 2 October 2013 at the Westwood Centre, Coventry, UK.
The final agenda for this event will include international presentations and debates on the following issues:
1 October 2013
- Sustainable management over, under and through London / Kent countryside; Victoria Greensted and Rachel Starling ( HS1 and Network Rail HS)
- Vegetation management; the Japanese experience; Kazuhiko Aida (East Japan Railway Company)
- Vegetation control; issues, goals, challenges; Jean Pierre Pujols / François Lauzéral (SNCF)
- Pest / diseases (Chalara et al.); Jon Stokes (The Tree Council)
- Herbicide in soil & groundwater; Rolf Gerhardt (DB )
- Reputational risk; Derek Crook (Network Rail)
- Protected species conflict; Angela Rodgers (Network Rail)
2 October 2013
- Sustainable Land Management Strategies
o Neil Strong (Network Rail)
o Thomas Schuh (ÖBB)
o Jean Pierre-Deforet (Infrabel)
- Safety, Performance & Cost Challenges
o Ecosystem valuation; Mike Goodfellow-Smith (Network Rail)
o GIS & GPS: tools of performance & productivity; Christophe Berthaud (SNCF)
o Safety Strategy; Allan Spence (Network Rail)
- Lineside management debate
- Network Rail Director’s view; Gareth Llewellyn (Network Rail)
This UIC international conference, hosted by Network Rail aims to bring together managers, specialists, front-line practitioners and subject matter experts.
The event will be cost free to attend with associated in event refreshments provided. (Delegates will have to fund their own travel, out of event subsistence and accommodation).
This is a rare opportunity to showcase and share best practice, learn new information and to network or exchange issues/ideas with your railway peers from across the world!
For further information please consult: