Don’t miss the 11th edition of the UIC ERTMS World Conference from 1 – 3 April 2014, at the Halic Convention Centre (HCC) on the Golden Horn of Istanbul on the bank of the Bosphorus, organised in close cooperation with Turkish State Railways (TCDD).
Full Conference Programme:
This global UIC event, to be held this year from 1 – 3 April 2014, has become a worldwide reference and attracts all players and decision-makers involved in the development, financing and deployment of the standard rail traffic management system ERTMS and its components ETCS, unified train control system, as well as GSM-R, the radio communications system dedicated to railways.
Keynote speakers, Opening Session:
- Mr Lütfi Elvan, Turkish Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications
- Mr Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director General, UIC
- Mr Süleyman Karaman, Director General TCDD, Chairman of UIC Middle-East
- Mr Marcel Verslype, Executive Director, European Railway Agency (ERA)
- Mr Philippe Citroën, Director General, European Rail Industry Association (UNIFE)
- Mr Libor Lochman, Executive Director, CER
- Mr Luc Lallemand CEO, Infrabel, EIM Vice Chairman
- Mr Kari Kapsch, CEO, Kapsch CarrierCom, GSM-R Industry Group
Technical Visit Programme:
On 1 April 2014, Turkish State Railways (TCDD) will offer delegates a programme of technical visits centred on the latest achievements of the Marmaray Project (the Euro-Asian
Rail Link under the Bosphorus, the construction of new stations – Üsküdar and Yenikapi – connected with the Marmaray Project, etc.).
All major companies and railway suppliers involved in the development and deployment of ERTMS (traffic management system), ETCS (train control system) and GSM-R (radio communications system) will be present with a high visibility in Istanbul as sponsors or exhibitors.