Preparation for the 11th World Congress on Rail Research – WCRR 2016 – is in full flow. Last Wednesday and Thursday 17 and 18 September marked the second meeting of the WCRR 2016 Executive Committee. On the first day, the meeting was held at the venue where the congress and exhibition will take place, the Fiera Milano - Centro Congressi Stella Polare, a very new, modern, light and spacious congress and exhibition centre. As part of the first day of the meeting, the various session rooms as well as the magnificent grand auditorium were visited and set-ups were discussed.
Other important issues on the agenda were:
- Detailed project plan and planning
- Conference themes and topics and abstract classification
- Call for draft documentation papers
- Expert panel selection and guidelines
- Organisation progress – presented by the supporting professional congress organisers (PCO)
- Venue Presentation – layout /story board
- Registration and accommodation management
- Proposals for the technical visits and for the venue of the gala dinner and welcome
- WCRR draft website presentation
- Communication strategy proposal – marketing and sponsorship strategy
- Sponsorship and exhibition fee and partner programme, etc.
- Grading and assessment criteria as well as selection process for the “Best Paper Awards”
The WCRR 2016 will take place from 29 May – 2 June 2016 in Milan. Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane Group and Trenitalia, as one of the international permanent members of WCRR, will be the host organisation for this prestigious event. The WCRR Executive meeting is chaired by Stefano Guidi.
The members will be kept up to date with the developments through UIC eNews.
You can also view: