Deadline for registration: 20 February 2015!
In the frame of the TALENT project (Global Network of Railway Talents www.railtalent.org), UIC is developing a comprehensive international management development programme for young and senior TALENTS.
It is in this context that we are widening our portfolio of training offers with a new discipline that has emerged in recent years. This discipline is known as Contract Management, a major part of it being Operation Risk Management.
This 15-hour module dealing with Operation Risk Management focuses on protecting the company’s interests through better risk management, its main purpose being to prepare company resources to face project risks and to mitigate their relevant impacts during project execution. The last session of the course is fully dedicated to Margin Recovery.
On completing the course, participants would acquire significant knowledge and skills in:
• Understanding the concepts of Operation Risk Management with emphasis on assessment and mitigation actions.
• Getting a detailed description of major risks any international project may face.
• Understanding and applying Risk Management techniques as a management tool.
• How single entitlements could develop into major disputes and deteriorate the project initial margin.
• What could be required later to build-up strong defence dossiers prior to negotiation, arbitration and/or court litigation.
The training will rely on a mix of illustrations and a case study with interactive discussions.
The session will be conducted by an experienced trainer combining both strong field experience (having been active for 37 years in the engineering and manufacturing industry and having worked on more than 50 international projects in different industry sectors) and teaching skills (affiliated Professor and Lecturer since 2004 in graduate business schools, engineering universities and professional associations)