“The SUSTainable freight RAILway:
Designing the freight vehicle – track system for higher delivered tonnage with improved availability at reduced cost”
The SUSTRAIL Consortium, UIC and UNIFE are pleased to announce that the Final conference of the SUSTRAIL Project will take place at in the Royal Flemish Academy in Brussels, Belgium on 21 May 2015.
Launched in June 2011 and ending on 31 May 2015, the SUSTRAIL project is a four-year collaborative R&D project co-funded by the European Commission within the FP7, with the overall objective to support the freight railway in regaining a primary position in freight transport.
Why you should attend the conference:
This event will be the opportunity to discover the main achievements of the project. It will also be the occasion to be informed about the exploitation of the project results.
- Integrated approach for an increased performance in the freight rail system (D’Appolonia)
- Current and future trends in freight systems and freight traffic flows (University of Newcastle)
- The freight train of the future – towards a “green” vehicle (University of Huddersfield)
- Sustainable Track – towards a “zero” maintenance track (Network Rail)
- Novel business models (University of Leeds)
- Testing and Demonstration (AFER)
During the conference, the speakers will also be pleased to share and discuss their research results with the participants. Ample networking time will also be reserved between the sessions.
The official invitation along with the provisional programme, information on the venue and details of how to register for the event will be sent to you in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, SAVE THE DATE of 21 May 2015 to secure your participation in this important event!
We look forward to meeting you in Brussels.
Important: We advise you to book your flight and accommodation early.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Brussels!
To know more about SUSTRAIL, visit our website at www.sustrail.eu