On 4 June 2015 the Scientific Committee of the 5th Next Station Conference meeting took place in Madrid, at the kind invitation of ADIF and the Spanish Railway Foundation.
The main points discussed during the Scientific Committee of Next Station were:
Organisation of speeches during the opening session, the opening plenary session and the round table: “Trends and Challenges of Intermobility”.
Review of proposal of speakers.
The parallel sessions were organised around eight topics:
- Development and management of stations (concepts, business approach, station to hub management, governance, urban integration, etc.)
- Comprehensive protection (management of public spaces and intermodal security, feeling of security, design impacts, etc.)
- Territories (urban-local integration, urban impact, socio-economic impact, infrastructure financing, multiple actors, intermobility, infrastructure, etc.)
- Design (intermodality, capacity, flexibility, flow management, station typology, accessibility, sustainability etc.)
- Enhancing the customer experience: services, shops, retail, cultural activities, performance of the intermodal system, accessibility
- Technologies (intermodal information, facility management, ticketing, services, security, etc.)
- Stations for high speed services (which specific services, traffic trend, flows management, impact on territories, etc.)
- UIC activities and academic research
A poster session will be organised for academic projects.