UIC in cooperation with the GSM-R Industry Group (IG) is organising the second UIC World GSM-R Conference at Paris UIC Headquarters, from 15 – 16 September 2015.
Following the extremely high level of interest shown at the first edition (Paris UIC, 10 – 11 September 2013), this year’s edition aims at enabling open, relevant and comprehensive exchange of information, in order to:
- Inform participants about the current status of GSM-R, the technical challenges and evolution as well as the strategy for the future;
- Support the railways to enhance the operation of the system;
- Promote an open debate among all stakeholders on GSM-R and the evolution toward Packet Switching (ETCS over GPRS);
- Provide a clear vision on achievement and development trends.
In particular the conference will address topics such as:
- Status of GSM-R (implementation, operation and lessons learned);
- GSM-R support to existing and new applications;
- Security versus availability challenges and solutions;
- System management & performance monitoring;
- Solutions for handling Interferences to GSM-R;
- Migration to IP, Packet Switching support for ETCS, resource optimisation;
- Preparing for the Future Railway Mobile Communication System (FRMCS).
The event is preparatory and complementary to the ERTMS CCRCC conference organised by ERA in the following week (Lille, 22 – 23 September 2015), as well as to UIC ERTMS World Conference that will be held from 29 February – 2 March 2016 in Brussels, jointly organised with Infrabel.
The UIC is pleased to invite your representatives to attend the conference. A reduced fee is offered to UIC members.