On 2 February 2015 the SMGG meeting took place in Paris at UIC headquarters.
SMGG is the UIC group dedicated to railway stations. It comprises station managers of UIC members and is managed by Carlos Ventura, Director of Passenger Stations at ADIF (Spain).
UIC members represented at the meeting were: ADIF, SNCF Gares & Connexions, SNCB, DB Station&Service AG, RFI, RZD, CARS (Chinese representative), Indian Railways, KTZ and Japanese Railways.
UIC Headquarters was represented by Iñaki Barrón (Director of the High Speed and Passenger Department), Jacques Colliard (Head of the Security Division), Grigore Havarneanu (Research Advisor – Security Division), Gabriel Castañares (Senior Advisor of Energy and CO2), Beatrix Perrot (PA to the Directors of Freight and Passengers) and Marc Guigon (Senior Advisor for Passenger Transport).
The main points discussed at the SMGG meeting were:
- Information about the next international conference on railway stations NEXTSTATION 2017 which will take place in Madrid in October 2017
- The leaflet concerning information and signage in stations (413) will be updated and extended at global level. It has been decided to carry out this task in 2016 and 2017
- Governance of stations. RZD and UIC have proposed documents describing the different types of governance for stations “Station Governance: Models and Practice”
- Sustainable stations. A study will be launched concerning the best practices on sustainable stations, addressed to managers and designers of stations: Environment, technologies, organisations…
- Security of stations. An analysis of the situation will be carried out
The next meeting will take place on 19 and 20 May 2016 (location to be determined).