For logistical reasons and to secure your place, please REGISTER online for EACH EVENT you want to attend by clicking on the links below:
For the Capacity4Rail 2nd Dissemination Workshop, Brussels, 3 November 2016:
For the NeTIRail-INFRA Mid-Term conference, Brussels, 4 November 2016:
As the topics of both projects are closely linked, you are invited to attend both events.
Capacity4rail 2nd dissemination Workshop:
To be held on 3 November 2016, this second dissemination workshop will be an opportunity to promote the achievements of the project after 36 months.
By this stage, most of the work on innovation development will be completed and the project will be entering the demonstration and assessment phase.
- New slab track concepts
- New concepts for high speed
- Materials and monitoring for innovative Switches and Crossings
- Innovative wagons for freight
- Optimisation of terminal operations
- Ubiquitous data for railway operations
- Innovative sensors and monitoring strategies
- Multicriteria assessment strategy
- Recommendations on how the project’s vision for the Railway System of 2050 may be achieved
Ample time will be reserved for discussions and exchanges with the project partners.
Online registration and useful information
The draft programme will be published in the next few days on the online registration page http://capacity4rail.eu/-news-
Register online in order to secure your place at this event and find more information on how to access the venue by clicking here: http://capacity4rail.eu/-news-
Needs Tailored Interoperable Railway Infrastructure
The conference will update partners on the progress made during the first 18 months of the project, presenting some of the early results and the plans for the remainder of the project, as well as holding discussions regarding future developments and collaboration.
Highlights of the conference will include:
- Sensing and measurement technology – an update on the installation of the on-vehicle, track side and overhead line monitoring systems in Romania, Turkey and Slovenia
- The results of the GIS mapping of track and overhead line failures and costs
- The development of track models to find ways of minimising corrugation development and transition zone maintenance
- Lean improvement of S&C maintenance operations and installation
- The development of overhead line models leading to minimised life cycle costs of overhead lines for different railway systems
- Use of the SATLOC system for data transmission from on-vehicle monitoring systems
- An update on the development of the decision support tool
The conference also intends to address the commonalities between the NeTIRail-INFRA project and the Shift2Rail programme, and identify areas for further collaboration.
Online registration and useful information:
The draft programme will be published in the next few days on the online registration page http://netirail.eu/News-and-Events
Register online in order to secure your place at this event and find more information on how to access the venue by clicking here: http://netirail.eu/News-and-Events
The NeTIRail-INFRA project started on 1 June 2015 and is a three-year collaborative project funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 programme within the 2014-2015 Mobility for Growth Call – MG2.1 Intelligent Infrastructure of Mobility for Growth.