Mr Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director General of UIC, addressed the XXXII OSJD Conference of Directors General on 20 April 2017 in Minsk. The conference was hosted by Belarussian Railways and was attended by UIC APRA Chairman Mr Oleg Belozerov, RZD President, and other Directors General of all OSJD Members.
The conference examined and approved the work results of:
- OSJD Commissions on freight and passenger transport, infrastructure and rolling stock
- OSJD Permanent working groups on coding and informatics, financial and business issues, professional training and staff preparation
- Course of OSJD International Conference on adoption of the text of OSJD Convention for direct international communication
- OSJD Working Programme for 2018 including the cooperation with international partner organisations (UNECE, DG MOVE, ERA, UIC, CCTT etc.) and international standardisation bodies (ISO, IEC)
The conference listened to the report on the topic “Participation of the interested railway companies in the development of the OSJD/UIC joint leaflets into the IRS” and tasked the Chairman of the OSJD 5th Commission with:
- Negotiation with IEC to be continued
- Negotiation with ISO to be established on 27 April 2017
- Areas and directions of cooperation with ISO and IEC technical committees to be determined, recommendations to be issued before 2 June 2017 and reported to the OSJD Minister Conference in June 2017
Mr Jean-Pierre Loubinoux delivered a message to the conference supporting OSJD’s efforts and recent initiatives which intend practical steps to be undertaken and aim to conclude agreements with ISO and IEC.
These agreements, already signed with UIC and after completion and signing with OSJD, are going to impact and improve the landscape of international standardisation activities.
It will prevent underestimation of UIC and OSJD leaflets, such as the technical documents de-facto providing the International Railway Standardised Technical Solutions for the Railway Operating Community.
As a strategic partner of OSJD within the Eurasia continent, UIC supports and sustains such initiatives and is ready to share its experience and back the OSJD Committee in preparation for practical decisions to be approved and taken by the OSJD Minister Conference in June 2017.