From 3 – 4 March, UIC will organise together with the Algerian National Railway Transport Company (SNTF), under the patronage of the Ministry of Public Works and Algerian Transport, a seminar on the subject of “Rehabilitation of old rolling stock: a reliable economic solution for modernisation and optimisation of the fleet”. The seminar is planned within the framework of the 34th session of the Maghreb Rail Transport Committee (CTFM) that will take place in Algiers (Algeria) from 28 February to 4 March 2018.
The objectives of the two-day seminar led by internationally renowned experts will include: Share and learn from past experiences of the rehabilitation and modernisation of railway rolling stock in the world and in Africa; Enquire about new technologies related to the challenges of renovation and rehabilitation and Focus on institutional and financial models able to facilitate these renovations.
The participants will include the public authorities, institutions and public bodies, media, insurers, suppliers, responsible for railway networks, organisations specialised in rail and other companies concerned.
The potential subjects of discussion will include:
- Overview of the importance of rehabilitation through strategies and policies adopted by regional bodies
- Expertise in the field of railway equipment renovation and modernisation
- Models borrowed for railway rehabilitation: challenges, experiences, objectives, constraints, assessment and prospects
- Exchange of know-how and competences of the workforce of each network
- Why is it so interesting to renovate old rolling stock?
- Modern technologies at the service of rehabilitation