Register here: https://nextstation.org/
From 11 – 13 November 2019, Iranian Railways, RAI, together with UIC will be hosting in Tehran the 7th edition of the UIC nextstation Conference, the global reference for leaders and decision-makers to share their latest experiences and best practice regarding the design, financing and operation of railway stations.
This year, after six successful editions, the 7th UIC nextstation Conference will address the key issues under the main theme “Railway Stations Boosting the City”.
The conference will include two round tables, parallel sessions, and will be followed by a technical visit to Esfahan organised by RAI on 13 November 2019. A charter flight from Tehran to Esfahan will be arranged for all the participants just after the end of the conference.
Don’t hesitate to consult the latest programme which includes the list of confirmed speakers:
In addition, in parallel to the conference, a meeting of newly-appointed CEOs of UIC members will be held on 11 November in order to share new strategic focus areas for UIC. All CEOs from member railways are cordially invited to take part in this meeting in the presence of the UIC Chairman and Director General.
The opening ceremony will be attended by:
- Mr Mohammad Eslami, Minister of Roads and Urban Development of I.R Iran
- Mr Saeed Rasouli, Vice Minister for Roads and Urban Development, and President of Iranian Railways
- Mr Gianluigi Castelli, UIC Chairman and President of FS Group
- Mr François Davenne, UIC Director General
- Mr Pirooz Hanachi, Mayor of Tehran
The participants of the technical visit will stay in the beautiful Abbasi Hotel of Isfahan, the oldest 400-year-old hotel in Iran (http://www.abbasihotel.ir/en) on 12 November.
- The participants will pay in cash for the hotel or they may have an online reservation on the hotel website
- Isfahan, Iran’s top tourist destination, with many tourist attractions
- Isfahan, a historical city with impressive monuments, buildings, architecture
- Isfahan, a museum where people live
- Isfahan is like a piece of jewellery among the cities of Iran
- All the participants interested in the technical visit of Isfahan should announce their intention to go to Isfahan on the registration form of the conference
- A charter ﬂight will leave from Tehran to Isfahan on the evening of 12 November.
- The participants will return to Tehran by air on the evening of 13 November.
- It is recommended that the participants reserve their flights back to their destination in the early morning of 14 November; otherwise please ask RAI for more coordination and information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The conference is sponsored by KONE: www.kone.com/rail
KONE is an innovative leader in the elevator and escalator industry. The purpose of public transportation is to provide safe, reliable, and eco-efficient ways for people to move within and between cities – and this aligns perfectly with KONE’s long-standing mission: to improve the flow of urban life.
In public transportation, reliability, accessibility, maintainability, and safety are the key priorities. By identifying the right blend of equipment and services we help cities and transport-system operators to meet citizens’ expectations and enable a better quality of life for all.
Working closely with partners and customers around the world, we deliver value for all the stakeholders involved, including the owners, developers, and operators of public transport systems. Metro and railroad stations and mixed transport hubs all have unique people flow requirements, so it our job to help customers to fulfill the vertical and horizontal transportation needs of these demanding environments.
Keeping everything running on time is all about optimizing the design, equipment, and services according to the project in question for each individual project. With our planning and consulting services we can add value right from the early stages of the project life cycle by optimizing vertical and horizontal flows to ensure smooth, safe movement of people around the clock. During construction and commissioning our world-class project management capabilities and dedicated team of experts help to keep everything running smoothly, on schedule, and on budget.
In order to contribute to a better quality of life in urban environments, public transportation systems need innovative, eco-efficient, and durable solutions that are tailored to their precise needs. Our solutions include elevators, escalators, and automatic building doors – all of which can be kept running smoothly around the clock and help to enhance asset management with smart services that enable predictive, proactive maintenance.
Our solutions can be seen in use in some of the world’s busiest and most complex public transport systems – such as Washington, London, Singapore, and Shanghai – helping to deliver safe, reliable people flow that keeps people and cities moving around the clock.