Expecting any probable outbreak of Covid-19 in the country, Iranian Railways was one of the pioneer organisations inside the country that established a special committee, days before the arrival and outbreak of Covid-19 in the country, in order to plan and take any necessary actions to be more preapred to confront this situation.
As a result, the special committee has held its meeting at RAI HQ regularly while establishing videoconferencing with all its regions across the country at the same time.
Some of the main measures which have been strengthened for confronting Covid-19 in the rail network since its outbreak are as follows:
- Request from Ministry of Health and Medical Education to assist in identification of suspicious cases and prevention from outbreak at railway stations
- Request from Iranian Red Crescent Society to deploy experienced medical teams, equipped with related tools to diagnose and identify the Covid-19 infected people or suspicious cases
- Prohibiting all internal and foreign delegations
- Cancelling all training courses and gatherings
- Joining the UIC Covid-19 Task Force to keep up-to-date with best practice and exchange of experience with UIC members
- Prohibiting fingerprint time attendance for staff and instead using facial recognition attendance systems
- Closing all restaurants, sport and recreational complexes as well as train restaurants
- Permitting periodical leave for 50% of staff
- Providing and distributing banners, brochures, training videos/clips at railway stations and onboard trains
- Continuous disinfection of station facilities and equipment as well as passenger trains
- Installing hand sanitising dispensers at the entrance of all offices, passenger stations as well as on board trains
- Temperature screening of staff on entry to offices and boarding trains at stations