The 54th meeting of the ERA-OSJD Contact Group on the analysis of EU & non-EU interlinked rail systems was held remotely on 12 – 14 May 2020.
The meeting was attended by representatives from OSJD Member States: Georgia, Latvian Republic, Lithuanian Republic, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Poland, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic, Republic of Estonia, Ukraine as well as representatives of the OJSD Committee, ERA, DG MOVE, UIC and Shift2Rail.
ERA-OSJD analysis on interlinked rail systems
ERA & OSJD & UIC experts attended the ERA/OSJD Contact Group meeting.
On behalf of Mr Francois Davenne, UIC Director General, the UIC delegation supported the coordination activities within the framework of EU and EEU Technical Regulations and suggested using UIC IRSs as the universal source of railway expertise to be used for ERA-OSJD documents linked to technical solutions for cross-border and intersystem challenges to be met.
The meeting adopted the agenda and discussed the following items:
- Analysis of the parameters of the subsystem “Telematic applications for freight service (TAF)”
- Analysis of the parameters of the subsystem “Noise”
- Updating of Analysis of subsystems “Locomotives and multiple units rolling stock (LOC)” and “Passenger cars (PASS)”
- Updating of Analysis of the subsystem “Energy supply (ENE)”
- Exchange on practical experience and coordination of provisions for the existing technical & operational compatibility on EU/non-EU boarder to be saved & improved
The TAF document still needs to be improved following the recent analysis “OSJD messages – TAF: compatibility analysis (update and progress)” including the issue of converting the eight-digit freight wagon code into a 12-digit code.
The meeting decided on the final Noise document to be ready for publication on both the ERA and OSJD websites.
Following ERA’s request, the scope of analysis for the LOC & PASS subsystems should be more clearly defined and optimised.
Analysis of ENE subsystem should consist of an approach and information on the management of conformity assessment within the OSJD/non-EU countries.
During discussions UIC Leaflets or/and ERA Technical Documents (developed and based on UIC Leaflets) were addressed and referenced within the analyses above.
The next ERA-OSJD meeting is scheduled to be held from 15 – 17 September 2020 in Lille (France).