Following its success in New Delhi, GRFC 2010 marks its second edition of the global rail freight summit which should be the reference for rail and logistics conferences.
This conference will serve as a launch pad for the exchange of best practices, networking with rail professionals from all around the world and, in addition, furnish them with the opportunity to discuss new perspectives and needs for efficient, safe and economically viable transport solutions.
The Global Conference on Rail Freight is held under the patronage of the UN (UNECE) and supported by a large number of international organisations (OTIF, OSJD, AAR, CER, EIM, CIT, UNIFE, FIATA, UIRR, BIC), featuring rail freight leaders speaking on key freight issues.
The main topics will be:
- Rail transport in the global economic and financial crisis
- “Green” logistics - new opportunities for railways
- Liberalisation of the railways - how to attract private investment?
- Railway land bridges - conditions for success
- Combined transport - the future of containers
- Wagonload shipments - flourishing in North America, surviving in Europe?
- Combined transport - the need to increase efficiency
- Rail-based global logistics - creating customer value
- Vladimir Yakunin, President, RZD
- Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, General Director, UIC
- Igor Levitin, Transport Minister Russian (tbc)
- Zoltan Kazatsay, Deputy Director General, DG MOVE
- Alexey Averin, Vice President International, RZD
- Dr. Alexander Hedderich, CEO, DB Schenker Rail
- Dr. Karl-Friedrich Rausch, Board Member, DB
- Pierre Blayau, CEO, Geodis SNCF
- Ferdinand Schmidt, Member of the Executive Board, Rail Cargo Austria
- Dr. Sebastian Jürgens, Member of the Board, HHLA
- Lance Hockridge, CEO, Queensland Rail
- Askar Mamin, President, Kazakhstan Railways (tbc)
- Dr. Hans-Jörg Bertschi, Chairman, Hupac
- Ralf Charley Schultze, Rail Director, GEFCO
- Tadeusz Szozda, Chairman OSJD
- Fedor Pekhterev, Director Giprotranstei Institute (tbc)
- Hisako Tsuji, Senior Economist, ERINA
- Adrian Keller, Dep. CEO, SBB Cargo
- Jacques Koch, General Manager, Purchasing & Procurement Europe, Arcelor Mittal
- Anatoliy Sivak, Director General, Belarus Railway
- Claude Samson, CEO, Monoprix Logistics
- Martin Magold, Chief Sustainable Transport Section, UNECE
- Rudy Colle, President, UIRR
We remind you that you need 10 working days to obtain a visa and we support you the process of providing you with this document. For more information, please visit www.uic-grfc.org