On 2-3 November the 3rd edition of UIC and FIATA’s Market Place Seminar will be organized in Barcelona. This year the seminar focuses on the western part of Europe, especially on the axis between Spain and France, and future business opportunities and trends will be discussed among the participants.
Two weeks prior the seminar the preparations are going according to plans. The programme is settled and the number of registrations looks very promising.
“This year we have acquired really high-level speakers of the industry and it is obvious that this issue is very appealing for many people, and, I am more than convinced that we will trigger interesting discussions between the parties on site.” says Gustav Manding, Senior Freight Advisor at UIC.
The highlights of the seminar is as following:
- Development of the hinterland of the harbour of Barcelona
- Consequences of the new UIC line and the French/Spanish border issue
- Short Sea Shipping: competition or a complementary solution for rail freight business
- Relationship of freight forwarders to harbours: examples of best practices
Key speakers of the seminar include:
- Francisco Bonache, CEO, RENFE Freight
- Sylvie Charles, CEO, Fret SNCF
- Santiago Martín, General Manager, TP Ferro
- Jose Luis González, Chief Land Operations, Port of Barcelona
- Philippe Le Petit, CEO, Naviland Cargo
- Edgar Pineda, Commercial Director, TERCAT- Hutchinson
- Ignasi Ragás, Director General, CIMALSA
- Pierre Enderle, Chairman, STVA
- Miguel Angel Duro, Commercial Director, TCB Railway Terminal
- David Kerr, Commercial Director, DB Schenker Rail UK
- Manuel Acero, Director General, PECOVASA
- Ricardo Arroyo, Managing Director Freight Iberia, DHL Forwarding
- Fabio Consolo, Director Foreign Markets, Trenitalia
- Oliver Sellnick, Freight Director, UIC
UIC and FIATA would like to welcome you to the event in Barcelona. If you are interested to take part all information is available via the seminar’s website: www.MarketPlaceSeminar.org