This three-day event, which is a significant event in the international rail freight calendar, will be held from 17 – 19 June in Tangier under the high patronage of the Moroccan Authorities.
The conference, which will bring together top executives and decision-makers, rail and logistics professionals, customers, influential politicians and regulators, and institutions from the entire world, will propose presentations and debates around the main theme: “Rail Freight – what role does it play in the development of global logistics?”
The 2nd edition of the Global Rail Freight Conference was organised by Russian Railways and UIC from 5 – 7 July 2010 in Saint-Petersburg and was a huge success with more than 300 participants from 40 countries.
Come and join the discussions which will be moderated by professional journalists.
We look forward to meeting you during the conference.
Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director-General UIC
Mohamed Rabie Khlie, Director-General ONCF, Chairman UIC Africa Region
18 October (09.00 – 18.30)
- Mr Aziz Rabbah, Moroccan Transport Minister
- Mr Abdelkader Amara, Moroccan Minister for Commerce and Technology
- Mr Mohamed Rabie Khlie, Director-General ONCF
- Mr Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director-General UIC
- Mr Marc Juhel, World Bank
- Mr Alexander Saltanov, Vice-President Russian Railways
- Mr Siim Kallas, EU Commission Vice-President Responsible for Transport (tbc)
High Level Session on Future Prospects for the Mediterranean
This session will be organised as a debate between high-level representatives from:
IPMED, ONCF, Port of Tangier, Renault and the European Investment Bank.
International Corridors: What new perspectives are there for worldwide logistics services?
Some of your key speakers will include Senior Representatives from Tunisian Railways, the United Nations as well as:
- Mr Schmidt, Head of ÖBB Produktion
- Mr Genestier, Senior Vice-President SNCF Geodis
- Mr Werner, Member of the Board of DB Schenker Rail
Intermodality-Multimodality: the answer to optimising flow management
This round table session will welcome high-level representatives from STVA, CFL MM, Port of Barcelona, CMA CGM, Marsa Maroc etc.
19 October (09.00-12.00)
What is the role for technology and innovation in global logistics?
In this session, representatives from Alstom, BIC, Port of Shanghai and other key manufacturers will debate subjects such as productivity improvements, security, data exchange, seamless operation etc. through the presentation of best practices and concrete business cases.
Conclusions and Perspectives
14.30 Technical Visit of the Port of Tangier
The Conference will take place from 17 – 19 October in Tangier and will be hosted at the
Mövenpick Hotel and Resort.
Conference languages are: French, English and Arabic.
17 October – 19.00: Welcome Cocktail Drink offered by BIC
18 October – 20.00: Gala Dinner
If you have any questions on the Global Rail Freight Conference, please contact:
Sandra Géhénot, Project Manager UIC, Paris: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohammed Oubrahim, Project Manager ONCF, Rabat: email@example.com
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE
- Early bookings, until 2 July: 750€
- Standard participation fee: 850€
- Fee for UIC members: 750€
- Entry to the conference
- Conference proceedings
- Lunches and coffee breaks
- Cocktail reception on 17 October
- Gala dinner on 18 October
- Technical Visit to Tangier Med on 19 October
- Transfer between airport and conference venue
Payments can be made by credit card or bank transfer
The Global Rail freight Conference will take place at the Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts in Tangier. It is the perfect location for business and leisure. Situated on the shores of the Mediterranean, this hotel overlooks the beautiful bay of Tangier.
Address: Route de Malabata, Baie de Tanger, 9000 Tanger, Morocco