The Association of the European Rail Industry (UNIFE), the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the CleanER-D consortium are pleased to announce their CleanER-D Final Conference “Delivering Clean Diesel Rail Solutions” that will take place in Brussels (Belgium) on 20 November 2013.
About the CleanER-D project:
Clean European Rail-Diesel (CleanER-D) is a partly European Commission funded collaborative rail research project that aims at developing, improving and integrating emissions reduction technologies for diesel locomotives.
Furthermore it is aimed at facilitating the implementation of innovative methods and hybrid solutions for the best possible contribution to reductions in CO2 emissions.
Why you should attend?
The Conference will present the results achieved during the project as summarized below:
CleanER-D vehicle developments:
- Technical solutions implemented in the CleanER-D demonstration projects: “Light Weight” and “Heavy Haul”;
- Challenges and experiences during the demonstration work
- RAM and LCC model for diesel vehicle
CleanER-D Sustainability and Innovation:
- Sustainability Impact Assessment of the rail diesel fleet
- Technical solutions to keep the balance between engine emissions and efficiency: “Emerging technologies” and “Hybrid technologies”
- Recommendations on future emission reduction approaches and strategies developed in the “Sustainability and integration” subproject.
Ample time will also be devoted to discussion and exchange with the project participants.
The provisional agenda, online registration and venue will be communicated soon via the same channel and will also be made available at www.cleaner-d.eu where you can find all information on the project.
Important information for your convenience:
- The venue will be located at walking distance from Brussels Central Station in the vicinity of the Royal Palace.
- We advise you to make your travel and accommodation arrangements in advance.
For more information on the project, follow us at www.cleaner-d.eu
In the meantime, SAVE THE DATE of 20 November 2013 to secure your participation in this important event.