On 28 September 2015 the Scientific Committee of the 5th NEXT STATION Conference meeting took place in Paris, UIC Headquarters.
The main points discussed during the Scientific Committee of NEXT STATION were:
- Organisation of the opening round table on “International cooperation for better intermobility”
- Organisation of speeches during the opening session
- Organisation of the round table: “Trends and challenges of intermobility”
- Review of proposal of speakers
The parallel sessions were organised around eight topics:
- Development and management of stations (concepts, business approach, station to hub management, governance, urban integration, etc.)
- Comprehensive protection (management of public spaces and intermodal security, feeling of security, design impacts, etc.)
- Territories (urban-local integration, urban impact, socio-economic impact, infrastructure financing, multiple actors, intermobility, infrastructure, etc.)
- Design 1 (intermodality, capacity, flexibility, flow management, station typology, accessibility, sustainability etc.)
- Enhancing the customer experience: services, shops, retail, cultural activities, performance of the intermodal system, accessibility
- Technologies (intermodal information, facility management, ticketing, services, security, etc.)
- Stations for high speed services (which specific services, traffic trend, flows management, impact on territories, etc.)
- Design 2 (intermodality, capacity, flexibility, flow management, station typology, accessibility, sustainability etc.)
A poster session will be organised for academic projects.