A delegation of members of CR and CARS visited France in order to understand and study the French organisation of railway transport, especially for the topics concerning the fare policies in the domains of passenger and freight traffic.
The Chinese delegation was composed of Mr Huang Xin, head of the Department of Price Management at China Railway Corporation, Mr Wang Huaixiang, Deputy Director of the Transportation and Economics Research Institute of CARS.
A dozen economists from CR and CARS also attended the seminar at the central administration of CR and CARS, and also from provincial railway administrations.
The seminar was organised over the four days with the following speakers and subjects:
- UIC passenger and high speed activities by Mr Marc Guigon, UIC senior advisor, passenger transport
- Timetable exchanges: Merits and Prifis by Mr Marc Guigon, UIC senior advisor, passenger transport
- Passenger fare policy and traffic forecast by Mr Michel Leboeuf, SNCF senior advisor
- Yield management by Mr Michel Leboeuf, SNCF senior advisor
- Freight policies and market in Europe by Mr Bernard Schmitt, UIC senior advisor, freight department
- UIC ticketing standards by Mr David Sarfatti, manager of projects, Avancial (subsidiary of SNCF)
- Ticketing system in Korail by Mr Kidong Kwon, Korail senior advisor
- The French organisation of transport by Mr Marc Guigon, UIC senior advisor, passenger transport
- The French organisation of railway freight traffic by Mr Jean-Marc Longequeue, General Manager of Fret SNCF
- Railway stations in Paris by Mr Fabrice Morenon, Public Affairs and International Development director at SNCF Gares et Connexions
- Regional transport in France and relationship with local authorities by Ms Valérie Mettavant, head of department Strategy and Development at SNCF Proximités