The European project funded SETRIS (Strengthening European Transport Research and Innovation Strategies) coordinated by University of Newcastle and ECTRI aims at delivering a cohesive approach to research and innovation strategies for all transport modes in Europe. Through the collaboration of all transport modes, SETRIS has recently published “A Truly Integrated Transport System for Sustainable and Efficient Logistics”. This provides a holistic overview of a truly integrated transport system as the vision to reach significant advances in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of freight transport and logistics, creating value and adding competitiveness in Europe and supporting the achievement of societal challenges associated to freight transport. The document is available here.
The document has been reviewed and endorsed by the five transport ETPs:
- ACARE, Advisory Council for Aviation Research and innovations in Europe
- ALICE, Alliance for Logistics Innovations through Collaboration in Europe
- ERRAC, European Rail Research Advisory Council
- ERTRAC, European Road Transport Research Advisory Council
- WATERBORNETP, Waterborne Technology platform