The UIC Freight Forum hosted by Rail Cargo Group was chaired by Dr Clemens Först, CEO of Rail Cargo Group.
The agenda was very complete and addressed important topics such as:
- The CEO Task Force update and focus
- Selected priorities have been proposed, as well as a roadmap to endorse the way forward
- The Freight Digital issues and especially the e-Wag and e-Railfreight projects
- How can the Freight Forum help in the discussion on open data and support its members in their step change towards becoming a more digital industry?
- The Operational issues such as ECCO, Linda and X-Border projects and the sector position on the Noise TSI
- The UIC Freight Department presented the organisation of the activities in order to support relevant priorities of the Sector Statement
- Wagon issues (GCU, CoReDa, Message broker)
- A proposal for a fundamental revision of the GCU should be developed at the initiative of UIC
- Two realistic options were proposed on how to further proceed with CoReDa
The update on the UIC Freight Department working programme for the next three years was also presented to the floor.
The next Freight Forum will be held on 8 November 2018 at UIC HQ in Paris.