ERA & OSJD & UIC experts attended the ERA/OSJD Contact group meeting held on 15 – 17 May 2018 in Warsaw.
On behalf of Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, UIC Director General, the UIC delegation expressed assurance with regard to the strategical visions of the organisations to be shared and coordinated within the domains of international standardisation and certification.
The meeting adopted the following agenda:
- Analysis of the parameters of the subsystem “Telematic applications for passenger service (TAP)”.
- Analysis of the parameters of the subsystem “Telematic applications for freight service (TAF)”.
- Analysis of the parameters of the subsystem “Noise”.
- Exchange of practical experience for the purpose of coordinating measures to preserve and improve existing technical and operational compatibility at the CIS-EU border.
When discussing the topic “Analysis of the parameters Telematics applications for passenger traffic (TAP)”, the participants discussed items 4.2.1 – 4.2.11 of the document (version 12), including:
- Additional information received by the ERA from the delegations of Latvia, Moldova and Ukraine,
- Additional information provided by the meeting participants, and
- Draft possible conclusions in the 11th version of the coordinated document at the 46th ERA/OSJD meeting (March 13-15, 2018, Lille), and additional ERA proposals on conclusions to certain points of the 12th version of the document.
The meeting agreed on a number of additions in the 13th version of the document.
When discussing the topic “Analysis of the parameters of the subsystem Telematics applications for freight traffic (TAF)”, the participants took note of the ERA presentation and agreed on the list of TAF basic parameters to be further analysed. ERA will translate the draft working document and provide participants with it before 4 June 2018. The meeting requested the OSJD Committee to provide ERA with the list of agreements, contracts and leaflets on TAF basic parameters before June 29, 2018. The meeting requested the representative of the UIC to provide the next meeting of the ERA/OSJD Contact Group with a presentation on coding (RICS) to be linked / addressed to / coordinated with TAF basic parameters.
When discussing the topic "Analysis of the parameters of the Noise subsystem”, the meeting addressed version 6 of the document presented by ERA and agreed on a number of additions to the document. Russian experts compared provisions of GOST standards against OSJD leaflets which contributed to the preparation of the 6th version of the document. The ERA is going to suggest until 29 June 2018 the parameters to be advisable for the continuation of the conclusions on the subsystem “Noise”. The meeting requested the Russian experts to supplement the provisions of GOST standards and OSJD leaflets, as well as draft conclusions on the subsystem “Noise”. Following the request of the meeting, ERA will provide the translation of the text of Noise TSI Application Guideline linked to the part of the simplified conformity assessment.
Technical Regulation and Standardisation
Following the meeting’s agenda, experts discussed on a practical experience with a view to coordinate measures aimed to preserve and improve existing technical and operational compatibility at the CIS-EU border:
- “Safety Management System for RU & IM. Focus on the new requirements”;
- Activities results of Interstate Technical Committee 524 (MTK 524) “Rail Transport in 2017” – to be presented by Russian experts at the next meeting;
- “On corporate certification activities to ensure traffic safety of JSC Russian Railways” – to be presented by Russian experts in 2019.
The meeting first discussed the revision (updating) of the working documents previously developed by ERA/OSJD Contact Group in relation to the work plan for 2019.
ERA reported on the about the status of the different TSIs in comparison with the TSIs versions already analysed. Kazakhstan and Russian experts will suggest to ERA and OSJD Committee until 15 August 2018 what subsystems to be selected for revision (update) in 2019 which have been previously developed by ERA/OSJD Contact Group.