The UIC Energy Efficiency and CO2 Emissions Experts Network is happy to invite you to take part in the workshop on “Energy efficient Infrastructures” that will be held in Paris on 2 July 2018 in Paris, in the direct vicinity of UIC Headquarters.
After Eco-driving, eco-stabling and measuring energy consumption, other energy saving potentials have been identified by the Energy Efficiency and CO2 Emissions Experts Network in the energy management of railway infrastructures.
Therefore, this new workshop will focus on the following topics:
- Lighting of platforms, shunting/stabling areas and maintenance shops
- Use of virtual reality
- Design tools for lighting of railway infrastructure
- Switch heating: sharing of technologies and experiences from infrastructure managers
- Installations for preheating and smart stabling
- Integration of renewable energy in railway infrastructure
- Energy efficiency in the railway electricity networks (e.g. internal networks on higher voltage level, purchasing battery chargers and transformers with reduced losses, limiting the amount of different voltages, …)
- Discussion and sharing of good practices
The draft programme will be available soon.
Practical information will be available soon.
The workshop will be held in the direct vicinity of UIC HQ.
Register your participation by filling in the form via https://events.uic.org/uic-invites-you-to-a-workshop-on-energy-efficient-infrastructures?var_mode=calcul