In conjunction with the 25th UIC Asia-Pacific Regional Assembly (APRA), the Workshop on UIC Asia-Pacific Projects 2017-2019 was held on the morning of 21 June 2018 in Seoul, Korea.
Chaired by Mr Vincent Vu, Director of Institutional Relations Department and the Asia-Pacific Region, the meeting started with the presentations of the finished projects and the projects undertaken in 2018. Eight projects on different topics were approved by the APRA members to be undertaken in 2018:
1. Modern Technical Rail Maintenance by VNIIZhT
2. Methods of Assessment of Signalling Systems for Cybersecurity by NIIAS
3. Integration of Reservation Systems by FPC
4. Diagnostic System for the Railway Infrastructure installed on Locomotive by KTZ
5. Exploratory study of New Rail-Type Transportation Systems and their impact on sustainable development, railway technology and standards by RUT
6. Research on Application of Big Data Technology in Wheel Rail Force Identification by CARS
7. Measures for the effective development of intermodal transport in APR aimed at increasing the competitiveness of the railway transport by RZD
8. UIC Asia Pacific Control Command and Signalling (CCS) Workshop held in Sydney (Australia) on 3-4 May 2018.
The second part of the workshop focused on the project proposals for 2019. This time, 12 projects for the Asia-Pacific Region and 13 projects for multi-regional actions were proposed. The final decision will be taken in the next UIC Asia-Pacific Regional Assembly in November 2018.
All the reports of the projects undertaken by the Asia-Pacific Region are available on the UIC Extranet or on: http://www.shop-etf.com/