The workshop on TAP & TAF was held on 30 May 2018 in Brussels hosted by UIC & OSJD.
The workshop was attended by speakers from DG MOVE, ERA, SNCF, CER, UNIFE, SIGIS, UIC and OSJD experts who provided participants with presentations and reports on the following topics:
- EU digital agenda for rail freight
- The role of the Telematics Joint Sector Group (JSG)
- TAF & TAP TSIs Implementation – CER role
- Implementation of the TAP TSI – ERA role
- TAF TSI Implementation and future development perspectives
- Automation, digitalisation and IoT – a challenge for new TAF TSI
- Real time rail freight tracking without GPS between Asia and Europe
- MERITS tool – functionalities and data
- Optimised Real-time Yard and Network Management
- RICS code allocation process
The workshop resulted in the following:
- Critical points of TAP & TAF implementation process were determined and discussed
- New multi-dimensional approach to the role of TAP & TAF subsystems were suggested
- Innovative and practical results of automotive and digital functionalities for TAP & TAF need to be designed and promoted
Participants of the workshop spoke about a similar high-level event to be held next year – the OSJD Committee will host it on 29 May 2019 in Budapest.
UIC & OSJD expert exchange on IT & Coding
UIC and OSJD experts attended the 72nd meeting of the UIC-OSJD Joint Group on Coding and Informatics (JG CI) held and hosted by UIC on 31 May 2018 in Brussels.
On behalf of Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, UIC Director General, the UIC delegation expressed assurance in terms of the strategical visions of both organisations to be easily shared and achieved within the domains of IT and digitalisation.
Experts discussed the working plan for 2018-2019 and took note of the results on the following topics of the agenda:
1. Approval and publication of the updated OSJD/UIC Leaflet O 920-1 “Standard numerical coding for railway undertakings, infrastructure managers and other companies involved in rail-transport chains”: UIC is processing the internal procedure for the leaflet to be finally approved and will report on it at the next meeting of the UIC-OSJD WG on CI.
2. Approval of the draft of Joint OSJD/UIC Leaflet O 917-5 “System Hermes”: UIC presented the updated version of the leaflet O 917-5 and asked OSJD to take note and approve it.
3. Discussion on the draft of the updated version of the OSJD/UIC Leaflet O 920-13 “Standard coding and data structures of general information required for international freight traffic”: relevant decisions were adopted by experts of both UIC and OSJD.
4. Reviewing of the draft updated “Regulations of the OSJD/UIC Joint Group on Coding and Informatics”: the updated Regulation was adopted by members of the UIC/OSJD JG on CI.
5. Reviewing of the draft of the updated “OSJD and UIC Reglament on the management of company codes”: Annexes were discussed and adopted.
6. Participants of the meeting updated the list of coordinators on the OSJD/UIC Joint Leaflets.
The 73rd meeting of the OSJD/UIC Joint Group “Coding and Informatics” will be held and hosted by OSJD on 30 May 2019 in Budapest.