Two events will be organised in the last week of March at the UIC headquarters in Paris. The organisation of these two events on consecutive days aims to optimise expert participation and to further stimulate synergies between safety and security-related topics. The online registration for these two events is now open.
A workshop on Rail Suicide and Trespass Prevention will be held on 25 March 2019 at the request of UIC members to revisit the topic of the RESTRAIL EU project (http://www.restrail.eu/toolbox/) and discuss ways of moving forward on the topic at international level.
The workshop agenda aims to cover the following points:
- Exchange up-to-date information about best practice within the extended RESTRAIL group
- Bring together updates for the toolbox, especially updates on countermeasure evaluation studies and new implementation examples
- Identify new solutions to be added in the toolbox
- Identify a list of partners who would be interested in joining a new research project proposal, if a suitable funding opportunity is identified
- Extend the European scope of RESTRAIL to reinforce cooperation with other regions such as the US and Australasia (e.g. links with the GRASP) or Africa
- Extend and evaluate the RESTRAIL tools cross-culturally (e.g. RESTRAIL countermeasure assessment method, RESTRAIL problem-solving model) with the refreshed network of experts
Participation is free of charge but the number of places is limited. Registration is therefore on a “first-come- first-served” basis. For more information and online registration, visit: https://events.uic.org/workshop-on-rail-suicide-and-trespass-prevention. For real-time updates about this workshop you can also follow the hashtag #RESTRAIL on social media.
The 21st European Level Crossing Forum Plenary meeting will take place on 26 March 2019 at UIC HQ, Paris
To register (by 15 February 2019) and potentially give a presentation please use this link:
The meeting will be in English and free of charge.
ELCF, a UIC Safety Platform Working Group tackles
measures to improve level crossing safety.
ELCF members have also been contributing to the #SAFERLC project and works of the UNECE Safety Group of Experts on Improving Safety at Level Crossings created in 2014 of which a final report was published in January 2017:
#ILCAD is also a concept born from #ELCF
For more information on
- Visit https://uic.org/level-crossings#ELCF-European-Level-Crossing-Forum
- Read https://uic.org/com/uic-e-news/618
- 10th edition of ILCAD worldwide awareness campaign and launch conference (visit http://www.ilcad.org/ILCAD-2018.html , summary here https://www.uic.org/com/uic-e-news/603 )
- 11th edition: Launch Conference to take place on 6 June 2019 hosted by ProRail in Amersfoort, NL: http://www.ilcad.org/ILCAD-2019.html
3. Safety issues in general: https://uic.org/safety
We are looking forward to seeing you in Paris on 25 and 26 March 2019!